Now that I've reached that age that is nine times older than five, or perhaps only three times older than fifteen, the one thing that has changed over the years is my tolerance to cold. I used to be just like my kids, hating sweaters and scarves and never ever feeling cold until just before frostbite hits. Now, when my nose gets cold and I am completely uncomfortable!
Thankfully Brookstone has the perfect solution for cold noses, cold hands, aching muscles, and any place that requires warming. They call it the Body Bean, but I call it my Brookstone cat. The Body Bean is a miraculous cordless device that stays warm for up to 4 hours after a 15 min of charging. Since it is filled with saline, it has a nice weight, transfers heat efficiently (like a water bottle) and conforms to your body perfectly. This doesn't sound like much, but let me tell you all the places it comes in handy:
- Sitting in my lap, the Body Bean is just like having a small cat to keep me warm. It never scratches and always comes back after I've gotten up. A co-worker made the kitty decorations for my cat above!
- When my hands are cold using the computer, I'll spend a few seconds petting the Brookstone cat in my lap and they are happy again.
- When my nose is cold, I can pop my cat right onto my face for a cozy warm-me-up.
- In bed, the Brookstone cat is a warm companion that never complains when you smother it. In the morning, it still feels warm!
- In the car, my real cat would never sit on my lap nicely to keep me warm.
- When I have sore muscles I can actually use the Body Bean for its intended use!
In addition to the Body Bean at $24.99, Brookstone offers a 3-in-1 Heated Body Wrap at $39.99 which allows hands free holding and warming. My Brookstone cat is very good about staying in place, keeping me warm, and has become my favorite wintertime snuggler. Shh! Don't tell my real cats!
Special thanks to Brookstone for providing the first Body Bean for review as part of the Brookstone Review Crew.